Thursday, October 4, 2007

Octobers Here

October, October, October!!! For me this promises to be a whirlwind of a month... figure this:
  • a true icon and a persoanl hero Pastor Pete Odera launches another album
  • I walk 25kms to raise funds for the StAY Alive anti-drugs campaign on 13th
  • I see off my friend, sister, wife, queen, lover and mother of my children for a months training trip to Sweden on 13th night
  • international gospel great, Kirk Franklin hits Nairobi big time, my kids and I hope to attend the Sunday concert
  • all going well I am scheduled to graduate on 19th in Eldoret, finally the MBA is real
  • job-wise, the rubber hits the road... LITERALLY. Got to close off three sets of financial years numbers within the month!!!
  • energy allowing, with God's grace the first traces of foundations for our future home also will be laid within the month
  • prayer retreat on Oct 20th
  • October 28th is the StAY Alive & St Andrews Praise Team collaboration - phd Prais-Athon 2007
and still counting...

With stuff like that, I can only praise God and seek His strength, draw from His well spring of mercy and continually testify of His goodness.

My wife has this energy to her that makes the world much easier and with her being away, more will be demanded of me by the kids... and I am not just talking about assisting with the homework (that too), but emotionally, physically et al...

My guiding scripture for the month: 1 Thes 5: 16-24 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

No comments: